Board of Directors Executive Session (Closed)
January 26 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
An Executive Session of the VCA Board of Directors is scheduled for 10:00am on January 26, 2022 to discuss items pertaining to ARS 33- 1804 A. paragraphs 1, 3, 4 & 5. (Closed Meeting)
33-1804. Open meetings; exceptions – https://www.azleg.gov/ars/33/01804.htm
- Notwithstanding any provision in the declaration, bylaws or other documents to the contrary, all meetings of the members’ association and the board of directors, and any regularly scheduled committee meetings, are open to all members of the association or any person designated by a member in writing as the member’s representative and all members or designated representatives so desiring shall be permitted to attend and speak at an appropriate time during the deliberations and proceedings. The board may place reasonable time restrictions on those persons speaking during the meeting but shall permit a member or member’s designated representative to speak once after the board has discussed a specific agenda item but before the board takes formal action on that item in addition to any other opportunities to speak. The board shall provide for a reasonable number of persons to speak on each side of an issue. Persons attending may audiotape or videotape those portions of the meetings of the board of directors and meetings of the members that are open. The board of directors of the association shall not require advance notice of the audiotaping or videotaping and may adopt reasonable rules governing the audiotaping and videotaping of open portions of the meetings of the board and the membership, but such rules shall not preclude such audiotaping or videotaping by those attending, unless the board audiotapes or videotapes the meeting and makes the unedited audiotapes or videotapes available to members on request without restrictions on its use as evidence in any dispute resolution process. Any portion of a meeting may be closed only if that closed portion of the meeting is limited to consideration of one or more of the following:
- Legal advice from an attorney for the board or the association. On final resolution of any matter for which the board received legal advice or that concerned pending or contemplated litigation, the board may disclose information about that matter in an open meeting except for matters that are required to remain confidential by the terms of a settlement agreement or judgment.
- Pending or contemplated litigation.
- Personal, health or financial information about an individual member of the association, an individual employee of the association or an individual employee of a contractor for the association, including records of the association directly related to the personal, health or financial information about an individual member of the association, an individual employee of the association or an individual employee of a contractor for the association.
- Matters relating to the job performance of, compensation of, health records of or specific complaints against an individual employee of the association or an individual employee of a contractor of the association who works under the direction of the association.
- Discussion of a member’s appeal of any violation cited or penalty imposed by the association except on request of the affected member that the meeting be held in an open session.